Recipe: Delicious Coconut Fried Chicken
Coconut Fried Chicken.
You can have Coconut Fried Chicken using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut Fried Chicken
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brewed coffee.
- You need of Juice from 1 lemon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 12 of boneless chicken thighs.
- It’s 3 tbsp of peanut oil.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 of scotch bonnet chilies.
- You need 2 tbsp of red curry paste.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of brewed coffee.
- You need of Juice 2 limes.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 2 cups of panko.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chicken shake.
Coconut Fried Chicken step by step
- Brine chicken in water, coffee, lemon juice and salt for two hours..
- While the chicken is brining, make the Chicken Shake: Combine Chicken Shake ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until blended. Set aside..
- Once the chicken is ready, heat 3 tablespoons peanut oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper..
- Working in batches, add the chicken and brown on both sides. Remove from pan and set aside. Add the garlic, chilies and curry paste and sauté until golden and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, buttermilk, brewed coffee, lime juice, 1 cup of water and return the chicken to pan. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered until chicken is cooked through, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool..